Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Hamilton is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC in Hamilton at 513-268-5164 today.