Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Hamilton summertime, have the specialists at Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We suggest checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC today at 513-268-5164.