During the cold Hamilton months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC as soon as possible if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC at 513-268-5164 or book an appointment with us online.