When it’s frigid in Hamilton you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few different problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help figure out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC technicians to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.