According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have bugs or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to ask Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC in Hamilton about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to keep your ducts cleaner and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC. A yearly checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Checking your system regularly and replacing the air filter when needed will also help keep your ducts clean.
More ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and switch them out when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Hamilton home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC at 513-268-5164 or make an appointment online.