Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Hamilton during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Carefree Heating and Cooling, LLC at 513-268-5164 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.